Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yes, we're still alive

We've been busy. And that's very much an understatement. LOL! Get comfy... here goes...

Maura and Grayson participated in the Pee Wee Footbal Game at school. Maura was a twirler this year, and Grayson was a cheerleader. They were SO cute and had such a good time. Crae and I chered from the sidelines and videoed the girls as Stewart was in Austin for the week.

Since we used the video camera most of the time, I only got a few pictures. Most of them didn't turn out very good at all, but here's one of Grayson and her friend Amen (her best bud) and Amen's little sister.
Crae's class at preschool had their "Nursery Rhyme Hoedown!" Parents come to this here shin-dig. Now at this hoedown, there are 4 stations. Station 1 ("Fish Alive" I think) had a kiddie pool w/ little fish cutouts w/ paper clips on them. The kids would fish them out w/ fishing poles w/ magnets at the end and then put them in order from 1 -10. Station 2 was "Little Boy Blue." Here they played a memory game w/ "haystacks." Crae got so excited every time he made a match as you can see in this pic.

At Station 3, all the kids made a "Humpty Dumpty" snack. Crae couldn't wait to sink his teeth into his Humpty. I had to be quick to get this one...

Station 4 involved lacing the different characters from "Hey Diddle Diddle." And lastly "Baa Baa Black Sheep" got painted w/ tiny koosh balls at Station 5.

We finally got to see Emily!! Her flag corps competed in a competition in Lubbock, so we headed that way. We only got to see the prelims, but we were ecstatic when she called to let us know her bunch had won 1st place later that night!

Okay, now I mentioned Stewart had been in Austin all week long. He did get back in time Friday to change clothes and then head out w/ Crae to a church camp out that night. Since I knew Stewart would probably be tired and Crae probably wasn't going to be just real patient in getting out to the campsite, I tried to get Crae to help me gather some stuff they would need. He gladly started getting everyting on the list. Clothes for the next morning's soccer game - check. Sleeping bags - check. Hand sanitizer - check. I ask Crae to go into the bathroom and get some toilet paper to take w/ them. He brings me this:

You have no idea how hard it was not to laugh myself silly because he was so proud of himself and how he was helping out. But just so you know, he did decide maybe a whole roll would be better to take.

After the guys were gone, I took the girls to Abilene to see "Beverly Hills Chihuahua." It was cute, and the girls loved it. I'm embarrassed to say about half way through I thought to myself, "Awww, I want one." But then it passed. (VIVA LE DACHSUNDS!!) We got out of the movie, went to eat at a restaurant, and about 10:30 pm Grayson tells me (as she's rubbing her eyes), "I don't want to go home, Mommy. I want to go shopping!" She was out before we left the restaurant's parking lot.

So the next morning, we all meet up at the soccer field for Crae's game. Stewart and Crae came in w/ some other dads & sons that had been camping. The boys were energetic as ever - the daddies looked a little tired. lol! And I'm just beaming as I inform you all that Crae's team WON!

After it was over, the guys headed back out to the camp site for some more fishing, etc. I took Maura & Grayson directly over to a birthday party in the park. It was extremely windy, but the party was fun. The girls and I went home, and we crashed. I don't think the girls heard Stewart & Crae come in. I sure didn't.

So we're home a couple of hours when Stewart heads out to Pizza Hut, and I take the kids to another birthday party at the gymnastics center. This little girl is in Crae's class, and we've known her since she was in utero. We couldn't miss this one. (Besides, these parties are sometimes the ONLY time some of us parents can stop long enough to visit besides saying 'hello' to each other as we're passing each other in the hallway.)

Anyway, this party. I have to share this because it cracks me up. I let the kids pick out (w/ some degree of guidance) the gift for the bday kiddo. Crae had already decided he wanted to give Claire a Webkinz. "Maybe she'd like a kitty cat, " he said. So we get to the store. He walks past the kitty cats, past the froo-froo pink poodles, past the bright goldfish, past everything girlie I'm guessing Claire would like. Crae, apparently knowing Claire much better than I do, picks out an adorable, snuggly little ROTTWEILER!

( Sure enough, I saw her carrying it out of preschool just Monday. LOL!! I guess maybe she did like it.)

Okay, so we're up to this past Sunday, Oct. 5th. Well, there was church of course. And poor Stewart stayed awake the entire time. (He SO needed a nap!) We leave to go eat lunch and figure out the girls have practice for a Christmas program later in the afternoon. Grayson wasn't at all excited about having to go - she's a sheep. I explained to her that it was the first one, and everyone needed to be there to kinda find out what was going on and what to do. She says, "Hel-lo! I'm a SHEEP! BAA!" (My little stinker can cop quite the attitude when she wants to. lol!)

After practice and after church again, we had our Basket Bonanza for Cornerstone Christian Preschool. It's our one and only fundraiser, and it was FUN! Stewart & I are even fortunate enough to be part of a group that won a NICE steak dinner (that includes childcare). I'm sure you'll be reading about that later on. Last year we raised just a hair over $5K. This year it was $12K!! You talk about a blessing!

And now as we come closer to the end of yet another week, Maura is recovering from bronchitis, we are staring down 2 more bday parties (one of which is for a soon-to-be 2-yr old Crae calls his baby friend - some very dear friends of ours), dance & soccer practice, a football game, a soccer game, a Parent's Night Out (which we WILL be taking advantage of), and mine & Stewart's 10th anniversary is Friday. PHEW!! We may just celebrate w/ take out and a nap. :)

So if anyone tries to reach us, and you get the answering machine or (I apologize in advance) the fax machine or voice mail, just know we're thinking about you and we can't WAIT to tell you all about everything!

Love to you all! :)

No comments: