About a month ago, Maura happened to glance at the front page of the Sunday paper. There was a little piece about the Wind Harvest Festival and a pageant. She started getting all excited and told Stewart and I she REALLY wanted to be in it. She asked Grayson if she did, too. Of course, Grayson asked if that meant she got to wear makeup and paint her nails (it did), so she was in, too.
This was not a biggo huge production of a pageant. As the coordinator put it, it was more "cute and fun." Well, today was the day. Luckily Maura and Grayson were in separate age groups.
Let me back up. I took both of them shopping for an outfit. I thought they picked some awfully cute ones, too. (Although, now I have to ask for prayers... one day, these lovely girls of ours will get married. Please, please pray for them and me. I do NOT see them becoming bridezillas or anything, but preparing for the blessed event will, no doubt, be an experience. lol!) Maura was insistent on something sparkly with sparkly shoes while Grayson had to make sure her nails were painted. Ask her sometime what the name of the polish was that she ended up wearing. Okay, I'll go ahead and tell you because it cracks me up... I'm not really a waitress. LOL!!
Okay, so back to pageant day! Each of the girls was introduced in their age group, had a little read about them, and most were asked a question. Like I said, this was a very simple pageant.
Maura Bear won Young Miss! She got a trophy, flowers, a sash, a gift certificate, and yes, a crown, too. She was SUPER excited, as were we! But honestly, did anyone NOT see this coming? ;)
Grayson came away with a gift certificate. She was so excited to get near the microphone after it was all over. She just might be famous some day! As you can see, she's very comfortable in front of a crowd.
Last weekend, Stewart and I went to see the movie Fireproof. MORE than appropriate for an anniversary movie. Personally, I think it ought to be required viewing of anyone who is married or thinking about getting married, etc., etc. Anyway, if you find yourself with nothing else to do for 2 hrs., GO SEE THIS MOVIE!! Heck, even if you have more than enough to do, go see it anyway. It is a MUST see.
No comments:
Post a Comment