Monday, September 22, 2008

I can see clearly now...


Maura Bear now wears glasses! Is she not cute as a bug? She's VERY proud of them, and she can't wait to show everyone at school. And she's quite excited that she has glasses like her cousin Hannah.
I took her to the optometrist last Weds. Tuesday she came home saying her teacher said she really needed to get her eyes checked. That's when I heard how she couldn't see the board very well. Turns out she's farsighted w/ an astigmatism.
Poor baby... while the dr. was checking her eyes, you know, having her read all the letters, all I could think was Good Heavens! She's blind as a bat! Apparently she's had problems seeing more than blurs since around the last half of kindergarten unbeknownst to us. What just amazes me is that her grades were darn near PERFECT across the board in spite of it. Go figure...
Anyway she wanted to show them off to everyone, so we snapped a pic on the way to dance this afternoon. :)

No comments: