Sunday, February 8, 2009

Some stuff that's happened

What's been going on, you ask. Well, rather than drag out the calendar and give you blow by blow happenings since Thanksgiving, I'll simply list a few random things.


1. My grandmother died Dec. 17th (which is also Emily's birthday). She'd been in the hospital for some respiratory problems. A few days later all 3 kids and I said goodnight and gave hugs as we left the hospital. She had a stroke a day or 2 after that and passed away a couple of days later. I'm glad the kids got to say goodbye to her - even though at the time we didn't know it was goodbye. They were all great during the funeral. I was very intrigued to watch Maura at the funeral home when we went to see MeMe. She would go up to the casket and just look at her. Then come sit or stand with us and then go back. She cried a little and said she missed her but she knows she'll be seeing her again. Bless her heart, she and Grayson both would NOT let us leave before we went back out to the cemetary and saw where MeMe would be alongside Granddaddy Chic (my grandfather). And maybe it seems morbid to some, but OUR children wanted one last picture with MeMe.

2. Stewart and I went to the Cotton Bowl... and watched as that game tanked. (sigh) We were kinda sad to see the Red Raiders loose AGAIN, but it's safe to say we both had a wonderful (child-free) time. THANK YOU, GRANDMOMMY!!



3. If you're at Pizza Hut and are hard up for entertainment while you wait, try playing checkers with the packets of sugar and Sweet-n-Low.

4. Maura danced in the Christmas Concert again, Crae rode in the Christmas parade, and Stewart turned... well, Stewart had another birthday.

5. Grayson won 2nd place for her class in a poster contest, I believe for the Soil and Water Conservation District!

6. I take THIS long to update our blog, and this is when God decides to send rain along with lightening, etc. LOL! I'm not complaining at ALL. Just getting ready to shut the computer off.

7. Stewart & I are getting ready to coordinate another Financial Peace Univ. class at the end of the month. It's a shame our legislators haven't enrolled in it.

8. Speaking of which, Stewart is working RIDICULOUSLY long hours because of all the "Stimulus Bill" hype and will be until about April. He needs some prayers... and a nap.

9. If my children ever need therapy, I know it's my fault. A couple of days before Christmas, the kids had been typical kids and I was at my wits end. It had been a stressful time for us anyway, but I decided to pull out the big guns. Santa sent an email to them. (lol! Call me manipulative - it got their attention.) Just a gentle reminder of how children should treat each other kindly, etc., etc. Grayson & Crae took it well and straightened up for the most part. Maura also took it well, or so I thought. Christmas Eve before she went to bed, I see her in the den where it's dark crying. She said she felt like she really needed to pray and ask forgiveness for acting the way she had. She was sure Santa was going to bring her coal.

10. Maura lost Bear - as in LOST! He's back now, thank the good Lord! Came back on Christmas Eve no less. And he got a bomber jacket for Christmas.

:)

No comments: